Storefront Decorating Challenge
In partnership with the Kinsmen of Georgina, the Chamber is thrilled to launch the Georgina Storefront Decorating Challenge. Businesses are encouraged to show their holiday spirit by decorating their business storefront window or display for a chance to win great prizes!
· The window display competition is open to all storefront businesses located in Georgina.
· Storefronts should be decorated no earlier than November 12th and no later than December 1st in order to win prizes. Of course, the sooner you decorate, the sooner we begin promoting your participation!
· Use lights, new decorations or ones you already have on hand, just as long as it’s festive and visible to the public. This contest is meant to demonstrate holiday spirit and cheer, not financial resources.
· No themes will be imposed, and total creative freedom to select theme, materials and colours will be given to the businesses that participate. We do ask the theme chosen be appropriate for all viewing ages.
· Over $2500 in gift certificates will be given out during the campaign to encourage residents to Shop Local and support participating businesses.
Businesses must officially enter the contest by completing an entry form and submitting it to the Georgina Chamber of Commerce website (FOUND HERE). Participating businesses who have registered AND decorated, will receive:
· A visit from one of our Shop Local Elves to take a picture of your store front to help us promote your participation on social media.
· Our Shop Local Elf will also purchase a $25 gift card from your business to be used as a giveaway during the Holiday Shop Local Campaign. Participating businesses that do not offer gift certificates for their services can request a gift certificate be purchased from another local in lieu. (A total of 75 $25 gift cards will be given out during the campaign!)
· A listing in the printable Storefront Directory to highlight their businesses for participating. The map and directory will encourage shoppers to tour the decorated storefronts (and shop while there!)
· An entry in the Storefront Decorating Challenge Draw.
o Judging to take place Monday December 7th, 2020
o Three top Prizes including:
- 1st – Marketing & Advertising Package Valued at over $1000
- 2nd ($300 Cash)
- 3rd ($200 Cash)