Discover Georgina Scavenger Hunt - SHOP LOCAL EDITION!
The object of the Scavenger Hunt is to find as many of the items on the list as you can, and collect as many points as you can within the allotted time - 3 hours (1PM – 4PM).
Team Rules & Regulations:
- All registration must be completed prior to the event.
- At 1PM sharp, the list of tasks will be posted to the event Facebook page, and Teams may begin. Each individual task has been assigned a point allotment which will not be shared until 4pm.
- There are no age limits or age restrictions, all ages are encouraged to participate!
- One vehicle only per Team. Please follow all current Covid guidelines.
- Each Team must have one Team Captain; this person must not be the driver. The Team Captain must have access to a smart phone and Facebook.
- To begin the Scavenger Hunt, Team Captains will take a group photo and will upload this photo to the Discover Georgina Scavenger Hunt Facebook event page. Throughout the Scavenger Hunt, Captains will document their Team’s completion of the tasks, and upload necessary documentation to their Team’s thread as proof they have completed the tasks. Please remember to have phone batteries charged and plenty of room on your memory; you don’t want to miss out on points due to not having picture proof!
- There will be a minimum of 5 mandatory tasks throughout the hunt. Failure to comply will result in disqualification from the prizes.
- Each Team must stay together at all times. You may not split up to “divide” tasks.
- It is acceptable to use the internet or other technology (Google, GPS, etc) to assist your Team.
- Please limit the number of people at each location; the idea is that this is a social distancing-friendly activity. Waiting for a Team to complete a task before getting out of your vehicle ensures the safety of participants.
- The Scavenger Hunt event staff will calculate points based on the point value for photos uploaded to the Facebook event. Please read each of the clues/tasks carefully; failure to follow all the directions may result in no points being allotted for that task!
- The Team with the most points at the end of the 3 hours wins!
Please remember this is a Community Scavenger Hunt; have fun, and play fair, and do so legally! All municipal and driving laws still apply while playing the game. No speeding, stealing, trespassing, etc. will be tolerated, and those found in violation will be disqualified immediately, and could face fines and/or criminal charges.
Last BUT Not Least:
ALL TEAMS that register, and pay their registration fee will be given a Georgina Chamber of Commerce swag bag for participating. Teams complete all of the mandatory stops will then unlock the point allotment qualifying them for prizes!
The Team with the most points will win! If there is a tie for points, winning Teams will be drawn at random.
Prize drop offs will be arranged between event staff & each Team after the event.