COVID-19 Rapid Screening Initiative
Workplace Screening Kits Information
It's Quick. It's Easy. It's Free!
Screening people in the workplace with rapid antigen testing will help identify individuals with COVID-19 to help protect others from exposure and provide much needed data about viral prevalence within job sites and communities across Canada.
The goal of this program is to identify individuals who are asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic to prevent them from spreading the COVID-19 virus in the workplace, at home and in the community.
The Georgina Chamber of Commerce will act as a distribution centre for Rapid Antigen Screening kits to be used for self-screening in the workplace under the guidance of proper Health and safety Guidelines provided.
Kits are available for free to small and medium businesses (Chamber and non-Chamber members who have up to 150 employees). The value of the box of 25 kits is approximately $200 based on known retail information. Kits are being offered at no cost to businesses because they are funded by the Federal and Provincial Governments.
1. Interested businesses should fill out an order request form (below) to express their interest.
2. Once the form is received, the Chamber will contact the business and book a time slot for them to come and pick up their kits. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
3. Times will be booked in 15-minute intervals. Each business needs to assign a Screening Supervisor Designate who will be the contact person and the one picking up the kit (1 person per business per 15-minute intervals)
4. For the purposes of picking up their kits, the Designate is allowed to step inside our back door to view the mandatory video during the Stay-at-Home order. Once the order is lifted, the Designate will be able to enter the Chamber office.
1. The Business Designate must complete and PASS a COVID-19 assessment at the door.
2. The Business Designate must sign an Agreement Form between the business they are representing and the Georgina Chamber of Commerce.
3. Designate will be required to watch a 5-minute training video during initial pick-up.
4. Masks and physical distancing are mandatory.
In order to participate in the Workplace Self Screening program, all participants must agree to immediately reporting the results as soon as employees have been tested.
The Screening Supervisor Designate will be responsible for reporting all results through the online portal on the Georgina Chamber website
Results are shared with Health Canada and the Ministry of Health Ontario.
Anyone who receives a positive test result through the Workplace Self Screening Kit will need to make arrangements with their local Public Health Unit to receive a PCR test as soon as possible. They must also work with Public Health to determine when it is safe for them to return to work.