Business Excellence Awards
Since 2006, The Georgina Chamber of Commerce has been conducting the Business Excellence Awards to honour businesses, entrepreneurs and not-for-profit organizations for their contributions to the Georgina community.
This year, 7 awards will be given out in the following categories:
- SMALL BUSINESS AWARD - Presented to a Georgina business or business person (1-10 employees), who has demonstrated innovative and proactive leadership within their business/industry, has excellent customer service and demonstrates professionalism and passion for making our community the best place to work, live and do business.
- LARGE BUSINESS AWARD - Presented to a Georgina business that has 10 or more employees, has demonstrated innovative and proactive leadership within their business/industry, has good employee/employer relations, excellent customer service, is innovative and contributes to the community.
- AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS AWARD - This award honours an agricultural enterprise where the principles of running a successful farm or agricultural related operation result in a flourishing, and thriving business and help to promote agriculture in our community.
- NEW BUSINESS AWARD – This award is given to a Georgina business that has opened within the last year, has made an outstanding contribution to our local economy and the entrepreneurial spirit, has good employee/employer relations and has demonstrated excellent customer service.
- YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR AWARD - Awarded to an individual under the age of 35 who has tackled the challenges of entrepreneurship and enterprise management. This individual has operated a business in Georgina for at least one year, has demonstrated excellent customer service and has demonstrated corporate and/or community leadership.
- COMMUNITY SPIRIT AWARD – This award is given to a business that excels in their contribution to the community, has good employee/employer relations, has excellent customer service and is innovative.
- NON-PROFIT AWARD - This award is presented to an organization that is registered as a Not for-Profit, has used innovation to overcome financial and other challenges that they have encountered, has recruited volunteers and employees and supports the Georgina community by addressing a community need.
Do you know a business worthy of a Business Excellence Award? Nominations open on June 1st for the 2018 awards.