Skills Training Centre is seeking a Welding Instructor for a casual contract to develop and instruct “hands-on” Welding programs. The chosen candidate will have strong knowledge of welding practices and the ability to instruct adults.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Developing, preparing and maintaining workshop curriculum and materials.
• Providing guidance and expertise to course participants on the cumulative skills that can be applied to complete a welding project
• Ensuring that equipment and materials are ready and available prior to the start of the workshop and put away at the end of the workshop.
• Ensuring full compliance with health and safety requirements.
• Providing adequate and accurate feedback to participants.
• Completing on-going and final evaluation of participant completion, safety supervision and appropriate paperwork/administration.
• Participating in program promotion.
• Performing other duties consistent with the job classification.
• Program will run on the evenings and weekends.
• 456A Certificate of Qualification and Certificate of Apprenticeship is required
• Previous post-secondary teaching is an asset
• Minimum of three (3) years of related welding experience.
• Experience in SMAW, GMAW, and Oxy-Fuel techniques is required.
• Must be available to work flexible hours for evening and weekend programming
Please submit a cover letter and resume, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills Training Centre appreciates the interest of all applications, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All staff have an obligation to contribute to maintaining a safe and sanitary environment for students, staff and community members. The Welding Instructor will be provided with Personal Protective Equipment and safety equipment necessary to perform job functions.Additionally, health and safety and WHMIS training will be provided.
All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check. Skills Training Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Skills Training Centre at 905 722-6300. Skills Training Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce. As a result, we encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Welcome to our Newest Members!
Mark Your Calendar!
Sign up to become a Chamber Member today!