Tourism Information Officer (16-Week Summer Position)
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Tourism Information Officers will play an active role in our Discover Georgina tourism initiatives. They will work at our main Chamber office and Tourism Information Centre as well as both Tourism Information Kiosks and oversee the Chamber’s mobile events booth at various events throughout Georgina. The positions will develop and promote local opportunities to attract visitors and enhance the cultural experiences of local residents.
As part of the role, the Tourism Information Officers will:
- review our non-profit and tourism organization for current marketing practices and make suggestions to our team for improvement. Review our marketing and promotional material and initiatives and develop social media, website, newsletter and marketing content.
- actively communicate with local businesses to help promote economic development and create Shop Local initiatives and awareness.
- attend events to help us spread the word about everything local...businesses, upcoming events and tourism locations.
- will assist local and outside visitors with their travel and service needs, acting as Tourism Ambassadors for our community.
- oversee our Tourism Ambassador program, connecting with key tourism stakeholders and aiding in the initiative's success.
- take the lead on our social media platforms when it comes to promoting where we are and what events we are attending, to further advertise popular summer events and festivals.
- monitor and analyze interactions with the community and track visitors at events and kiosks.
- work together with the office staff to actively communicate with local businesses, help promote economic development and create Shop Local initiatives and awareness.
Please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you would be an amazing Tourism Ambassador to Jennifer Anderson at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is Tuesday, March 31st, 2020. This is a summer position, all applicants much be between 15-30 years old.
Job Title: Tourism Information Officer (4 positions)
Hourly Wage Rate: 14.00
Number of Weeks: 16 (beginning Monday, May 11th)
Number of Hours per Week: 37.5